One year's free insurance
To arrange your free, fully comprehensive Volkswagen Insurance for your new up! call 0800 328 0032.
Terms & conditions
Available on qualifying new Volkswagen up! models registered by 31st March 2014 for residents of England, Scotland and Wales only.
- Standard excess of £250 for accidental damage, fire and theft claims in addition to any young driver or inexperienced excess as appropriate
- Cover excludes driving other cars.
Drivers qualifying criteria
- Minimum age 21
- Maximum age 80
- Private individuals only
- First registered keeper of the vehicle only, or if the vehicle is subject to a personal lease hire agreement provided that the vehicle is brand new
- All drivers must hold a current, full UK or EU Licence for a minimum of 1 year
- All drivers must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 2 years
- Drivers with no more than 1 minor conviction or fixed penalty notice within the last 3 years (offence codes - CU, MW, PC, PL, SP, TS only, maximum 3 points)
- Maximum of 2 named drivers permitted - all drivers subject to the qualifying criteria herein
- 2013 Volkswagen up! range only built to the manufacturers UK specification and sold via an authorised Volkswagen UK dealer.
- Offer excludes “e-up!” and "Take up!" models.
- Drivers disqualified from driving or had their licence revoked for any reason within the last 5 years
- Drivers with convictions other than those shown under Drivers qualifying criteria.
- Drivers with one or more fault or theft claims within the last 3 years, excluding windscreen claims
- Any driver with a non-motoring related conviction
- Any driver who has been previously declined insurance or had an insurance contract cancelled
- Modified vehicles - other than official optional extras fitted and sold by manufacturer or Volkswagen UK retailer at date of purchase.
All drivers are subject to the above acceptance criteria.
Additional terms and conditions
- NIL premium refund or cash equivalent if the policy is cancelled before renewal
- You will be provided with an additional 7 days free insurance from the date of first registration. Your free annual insurance policy will commence upon expiry of this cover, unless you wish to start your free annual insurance cover from the date of first registration.
- Free Insurance policies cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers.
- Charges will be made for any policy amendments made more than 30 days following the policy inception date (e.g. change of address)
- No claims discount (NCD) cannot be 'protected' during the period of free insurance but can be protected at renewal.